By Good Night Consultant
Sleep is vital to our health. It helps us function better, mentally and physically and we only realise the immense value of it if we don’t get enough of it.
It really is necessary for survival and we will sooner die of sleep deprivation than we will of hunger.
So what can you do to make sure that you do for better sleep?
• Make up a comfortable environment to sleep in
• Take a warm bath before going to bed as part of your routine
• Do some relaxing activity before going to bed
• Wake up every morning at the same time
• Increase your exposure to sunlight during the day
• Exercise regularly in the morning or afternoon but not 3 hours prior to night-time rest
• Avoid the consumption of caffeine, nicotine, and other stimulants